Friday, 28 September 2018

Pasta Sauce - Mushroom Alfredo with Pine Nut Sauce



Most vegan Alfredo recipes use cashews. Since I didn't have cashews, I used pine nuts as an alternative.

Most other recipes also use Almond Milk, however I substituted mine with Like Milk by AO (Australian Owned),  which is a pea protein based milk that I found at my local Coles.





Ingredients 

2/3 cup of pine nuts
Handful of spaghetti
Drizzle of olive oil
1 Onion
3 cloves garlic
Salt
Pepper
1/2 cup mushrooms
3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 cup dairy free milk
2 tbsp lemon or lime


Method

Soak the pine nuts in water for 30 minutes.

Cook spaghetti as per instructions.

Heat olive oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, salt & pepper and cook until onions are translucent or golden. Add mushrooms & cook until golden.

Meanwhile, drain pine nuts. Add to Nutri-bullet. Add the yeast, milk and lemon/lime. Blend until consistent.

Add the pine nut sauce to onion mushrooms, and cook until thick and heated.

Add the spaghetti using a spaghetti utensil. Its okay if its a bit wet from the spaghetti water as it will add to thicken sauce. mix until combine.

Enjoy a 100% vegan meal.










No comments:

Post a Comment