I recently called out to the Vegan, Vegetarian & Plant-Based Group on Facebook for their favourite Chickpea recipes.
One of the suggestion was using chickpea to replace tuna in a tuna and mayo Sandwich. It almost is like an egg, mayo and lettuce sandwich, without any egg. I was surprised at how delicious it was.
Ingredients
1/2 cup of cooked Chickpeas (pressure cooked from dry)
1 tbsp of your favourite mayo
Salt & pepper to taste
Smash up the chickpeas with the mayo, salt & pepper.
Serve on a sandwich with baby spinach.
Add extra salad if desired.
Alternatively, I tried a deconstructed hummus sandwich. I smashed chickpeas with tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, than had it on a Sambo with baby spinach. Surprisingly, it was delicious!
Ingredients
1/2 cup of cooked Chickpeas (pressure cooked from dry)
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lemon juice
Good drizzle of olive oil
Sprinkle of cumin & paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
Smash it up together, but leave it chunky.
Serve on a sandwich with baby spinach or extras salad if desired.

No comments:
Post a Comment