Pages

▼

Monday, 18 April 2016

Wholemeal Pasta Salad

Wholemeal Pasta Salad

I've always been unsure of using wholemeal pasta. I tried it a long time ago, and did not remember liking it. This week I have decided to give it another go. I put a twist on a Greek salad, and added some Wholemeal Penne Pasta to beef it up a little (without any beef, of course). It turned out lovely, and I wanted to share it. The pasta just tasted like wholemeal bread, slightly grainy, but still beautiful.

Ingredients
2 cups of wholemeal pasta, cooked
2 tomatoes, diced into chunks 
1 red onion, halved and sliced into rings
1/2 cucumber,  sliced in half and sliced
1 red chili, cut in half and sliced
1 green  chili, cut in half and sliced
1/2 cup olives
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup baby spinach 
1/2 lemon
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method
1) Add tomatoes, onion,  cucumber, chilies, olives, feta, and spinach
2) Squeeze over the lemon, drizzle over the olive oil,  and add salt and pepper to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment